In the recently released J.D. Power & Associates North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study, FOUR SEASONS emerged at the top of its Luxury segment.
"Many hotel brands have successfully focused on guest satisfaction, despite steep rate discounts, staff declines, reductions in in-room amenities and a halt on renovations," said Michael Drago, director of the global hospitality and travel practice at J.D. Power and Associates. "These hoteliers know that providing extraordinary guest service in a consistent manner, in both good times and bad, is a recipe for continued success."
"Hotel guests want the comforts of home at a competitive rate," said Drago. "They don't want to incur fees for ‘extras' such as parking or Internet access. Guests are much more satisfied when their total charge at check-out is in line with what they anticipated when they made their room reservation."
The following hotel brands rank highest in guest satisfaction within their respective segments:
- Luxury: Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Upscale: Embassy Suites Hotels (for a third consecutive year)
- Mid-Scale Full Service: Hilton Garden Inn
- Mid-Scale Limited Service: Drury Inn & Suites (for a fourth consecutive year)
- Economy/Budget: Microtel Inns & Suites (for an eighth consecutive year)
- Extended Stay: Staybridge Suites
To read more, go to //www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/pressrelease.aspx?ID=2009133